MERIDIAN VALLEY MAINTENANCE ASSOCIATION

MONTHLY BOARD MEETING MINUTES

February 10, 2010

 

CALLED TO ORDER BY PRESIDENT ED BANGSUND at 7:05 p.m.

 

ATTENDANCE:  Ed Bangsund, Bill McLaughlin, Jim Schack, Frank Wisdom, Bob Steiner, Ryan Thrower and Cheryl Havener

Absent:  Jan Lewis and Dale Mjelde

 

PREVIOUS MEETING MINUTES:  Approved as written

 

TREASURER’S REPORT:  Jim Schack

  • Current Profit and Loss Budget vs. Actual through January 2010 and the Edward Jones statement for January was distributed for review.  Discussion was held, copy attached in file.
  • All homeowners that have not paid their 2010 dues have been called.  Those owners that are not paid by the end of next week will have remotes deactivated and possible notifications send concerning a property lien.

 

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

COMMON GROUNDS:  Ed Bangsund

  • Chris Rodwell (MYARD) trimmed the vegetation on the outer eastside of the south gate.  This will accommodate better viewing of oncoming traffic.
  • MYARD was asked to repair the entry sign and replace damaged shrubbery at the main gate outside planter.  Damage occurred at 1:13 a.m. February 5, 2010.
  • Some shrubbery scheduled for 144th did not survive the winter – MYARD will replace.

 

SECURITY:  Dale Mjelde / Ed Bangsund

  • Guardhouse computer contacted a virus.  Local computer support group, CaresTech, was called on January 14.  The computer was reinstalled and checked out January 18. 
  • Provided security pick-up truck with a seat organizer.
  • Requested back-up options for guard house computer, Bob Steiner will research.
  • Security pick-up truck taken to Evergreen for decal installation.
  • Complaint from resident Lot #291 about outside dog walker.  Discussion was held, anyone walking thru the main gate should be treated the same as cars entering.  A card will be given to dog owners reminding them of the requirement to carry a bag to pick after the dog and that they should not allow the dog to use homeowner’s yards, but rather use the common areas.
  • Received quote from Bob McPherson at Pacific Security for 2010 costs.  Increase of ~ 3%.  Discussion was held, the wage proposal was agreed upon, but the distribution to the DLR should be changed giving the guard more pay and the company less profit.  Dale will negotiate with the company.
  • Our new security guard, Anthony, is in training and will soon begin the night shift. (10:00 to 6:00)

WEBSITE:  Robert Steiner

·         Posted the January Meeting minutes and February Newsletter to the website.

·         Defragged and ran full virus check on the office computer.

·         Updated the committee listing for the Architectural Committee.

 

FACILITIES:  Bill McLaughlin

  • Discussion was held concerning the owner of Lot #158’s request for the moving of the speed bump in front of their home.  It was agreed that the MVMA would not pay for the moving of the bump.  A letter will be sent to the owner.
  • An up-date was given on the southwest boundary line and fence move.  A map of the area was distributed for review, copy attached in file.

 

ARCHITECTURAL:  Frank Wisdom/Jan Lewis

  • Two requests were reviewed at the February 3rd meeting.  One request was approved and the second given a conditional approval provided a sketch of the landscape revision is submitted ahead of starting work.
  • Yard letters or phone calls will be made to ten residents in need of yard work.
  • This year’s committee has nine members including the two co-chairs.

 

PRESIDENT’S REPORT:  Ed Bangsund

  • Board Dinner on January 24, 2010 was attended by all except Wisdoms and Pat Mjelde.
  • Kim Sharrah related that interface with Lot #267 is much improved.
  • January 26 meeting – Watershed Co., Craig McCrone, Craig Benson, Jack Ottini and Ed Bangsund, concerning $42,106 bid for hole #12.
  • January 27 meeting – Jack Ottini, Dennis (Metro) and Ed Bangsund.  Viewed and took photos of hole #12 creek.
  • January 28 meeting – Dennis, John Cameron (Dennis’s boss) and Ed Bangsund         Re-visited creek.
  • February 8 meeting – Jim Schack, Jack Ottini, Craig Benson, and Ed Bangsund met to discuss agenda and strategy for next day’s meeting.
  • February 9 meeting – Beth Tan and Alex Murillo (City of Kent Public Works), Jim Schack, Craig McCrone, Jack Ottini, Teresa Daly (Lot #39), Craig Benson and Ed Bangsund.  The problem at hole #12 was discussed using maps, pictures and testimony from Mrs. Daly.  Several alternate contacts were provided.  Fish and Wildlife, K.C. Creek Conservation, etc. Public Works showed us their surface water management priority map.  We are Medium Priority.
  • The water issues at hole #12 were discussed.  The Board supports Mrs. Daly’s concerns.  Jim Schack and Ed Bangsund will continue to work with her and possibly help with the legal side.  The Board believes that the City of Kent and Metro should work to rectify the problem.  Possibly the Fish and Wildlife will help to force the issue.
  • The February newsletter was printed at MVCC.

 

MEETING ADJOURNED:  9:15 p.m.

Minutes prepared by Cheryl Havener