MERIDIAN VALLEY MAINTENANCE ASSOCIATION
MONTHLY BOARD MEETING MINUTES
JANUARY 9, 2008
CALLED TO ORDER BY PRESIDENT RON
ARNTSON at 7:05 p.m.
ATTENDANCE: Ron Arntson,
Jack Ottini, Terry Lavery, Ed Bangsund, Jim Schack, Mike McCarty, Ryan Thrower,
Bob Steiner, and Cheryl Havener
Guests: Jerry Dinsmore, Craig
McCrone, and Sarah Davidson
Ron Arntson welcomed the guests.
Craig McCrone and Jerry Dinsmore requested that the Board consider
requiring all new residents to become MVCC social or proprietary members.
Many pros and cons were discussed. Currently
about 53% of the homeowners are MVCC members.
It would take 2/3 vote to approve such a measure.
The Board will discuss this idea and get back to MVCC.
No decision was made at this time.
PREVIOUS MEETING MINUTES: Approved
PRESIDENT’S REPORT: Ron
- The Board Dinner will be February 8th at
7:00 pm at MVCC. All current
Board Members will be able to attend. Ron
will contact the two outgoing members to see if they can attend.
- New and returning Board members were welcomed.
- This year’s meetings should be efficient and all
members should be supportive of each other. All members were asked to follow the agenda and stay on
track. The agenda will be
emailed out prior to the meeting – if changes need to be made, contact
TREASURER’S REPORT: Mike
- Current Profit and Loss Budget vs. Actual and Balance
sheet YTD were distributed for review. (Copy attached in file.)
- Our Fiscal year ended November 30, 2007 and our annual
report is now with the accountant.
- An audit will be completed by mid-February.
MVCC: Ryan Thrower
MVCC internet service provider has not provided the level of service that
was expected and MVCC is going to discontinue service from that provider,
Eschelon, and switch back to qwest. Unfortunately
this will necessitate a change in the mvma e-mail address.
It is expected that this change will occur in late January.
When the change is made you will be notified and provided the new
e-mail address. The website
will not change.
Board members’ page has been updated on the website and as soon as an
updated list of Architectural members is received that page will also be
Architect Guide and Construction Guide are not on the MVMA web.
Both guides need to be updated before they are put on the website.
A copy of the each of the guides has been given to the Architectural
Committee to update. When I get
updated copies of the guides, they will be added to the website.
MVMA policy section on roofing materials still needs to be updated to
include approved materials and lot locations where the particular material
can be seen. When this
information is provided the section will be updated.
signs and fences: No problems
lights: Two were out, PSE was
system: Missing reflectors will
be replaced when we get three or four days of dry weather.
The wind storm during December caused no problems.
Chris Rodwell and Craig Benson cleaned the roads.
Doors have been re-insulated. Vicki
Jackson is working on the transferring of information from the old computer
to the new one. Christmas
lights were not put on the trees at the main gate because the new trees were
not strong enough. Wreaths with
red bows were attached to the gates.
- Gates: Both
main entrance gates needed work. Guardian
has ordered a repair kit for the resident gate.
They repaired some broken welds on the visitor gate.
The north and south gates have been down for the last month.
They are left open during the day and manually closed at night.
The land lines were finally hooked-up correctly as of Tuesday morning
January 8, 2008. Hopefully
starting Thursday the remote buttons at the north and south gates will be
working. Cards will not work at
these gates. Police and fire
have been notified. Starting
next week, January 14th Pacific Fire & Security will have two
or three people working on installation of “Click to Enter” for the
Police and Fire Departments, mounting poles and cameras at all three gates,
monitors, and new switches in the gatehouse.
When delivery time is determined, letters will be sent with the dates
that remotes can be picked up. Pacific
Fire & Security anticipate that the project will be completed by the end
of January. PF&S believes
that the sticks, receivers, and hardware can be returned to AWID without any
cost to MVMA.
will pay MVCC for one dumpster.
Kamp from Sahalee called and said that they remodeled their gatehouse (added
2’x7’), they have new monitors (one big one), and they have a camera
inside the gatehouse facing out. They
will keep their present system (Door King remotes – installed in 2000)
four to five more years.
DEA is still involved with Lot 73.
letter needs to be sent to PF&S stating that we cannot use sticks.
A new bid will show the adjustments when the sticks and receivers are
taken back by AWIDS. We will
not be charged for all of Nick’s time on the old system; he needs to
understand the old system before he can complete installing the new one.
items are being considered: UPS
protectors for the computer and information on the system that will tell if
the gates or computers are going to fail.
- New Gate System:
Decisions need to be made concerning: 1) what to do about homeowners
who abuse the system 2) who will make the decisions concerning special
requests for remotes.
- A letter was sent to Lot 265 concerning their dog.
Affected neighbors are to contact King County Animal Control when dog
problems occur so that a file is started.
- Two new projects were approved (roof replace and
- Three letters will be sent regarding parking issues.
- Lot 216 apparently has a couple renting an apartment
in the home. Reports are that
three apartments were created.
- Security would like to get a copy of architectural
approvals from the Architectural Committee so that they can confirm
contractors that wish entry. The
Architecture Committee approved the idea.
Discussion was held. M/S/P
to give Security a copy of the approval letters.
- The owners of Lot 71 are looking to proceed on the
demolition of the home in February or March. Our records indicate that the home plan was approved in
October 2006 and requires a re-submit in light of the fact that a year has
elapsed since the initial approval. In
addition, the demolition policy which was used on Lot 132 and the clubhouse
should be sent to Lot 71 owners to alert their contractor of the demolition
obligations. Jack and Terry are
to get the Demolition Policy to Cheryl; she will then send the policy to the
Lot 71 owners.
- Conducted a survey of the Common Grounds with Chris
Rodwell and Ron Arntson on January 8th.
The 2008 Contract for Chris Rodwell is being reviewed and prepared.
and debris clean-up continues.
replacement of the dying photinia along the 5th fairway road has
trees are being pruned along the main gate entrance.
We are awaiting action from BPA on trees along the 4th
fairway road concerning tree trimming/topping.
and spring trimming are the present major efforts. There
will be shrubbery planting between pines at the north gate planter.
service to the north gate planter may be done in conjunction with the
security road modifications.
is water run-off from the lots north of the Temple property.
There is concern of the planning permit request for the parking lot
issues were discussed. M/S/P to
keep the same company that provides guards for the guardhouse to provide the
vehicle roving guard. This
decision means we need to purchase a security truck.
We have one bid from Bowen Scarff Ford – Ranger $12,733.23.
Dale will get more bids and report back to the Board.
sub-committee analyzed the data from the card stick tests with Pacific Fire
& Security. Discussion was
held. M/S/P to purchase 1,200
remotes. M/S/P for the cost of
the remotes to be set at $30.00 if a homeowner needs more than two or a
replacement is required. Remotes
will be ordered tomorrow. As
soon as a time line is determined, information will be sent to all owners;
hopefully the mailing will take place the end of January.
73, we are still trying to find out who owns the property.
Ron faxed a letter to Wachovia, copy in lot file.
- A list of the 2008 Board members was distributed and
checked for correct information. All
members where asked to email or give a written report to Cheryl following
every Board meeting.
- Articles for the March Newsletter should be submitted
to Cheryl before the end of February.
- Next month the Kent Fire Chief will be here to discuss
the possible closing of the station next to Meridian Elementary.
Minutes prepared by Cheryl Havener