MERIDIAN VALLEY MAINTENANCE ASSOCIATION
MONTHLY BOARD MEETING MINUTES
NOVEMBER 8, 2006
CALLED TO ORDER BY PRESIDENT JACK
OTTINI at 7:00 p.m.
Jack Ottini, Dale Mjelde, Terry Lavery, Mike McCarty, Ron Arntson,
Bob Steiner, and Cheryl Havener
Absent: Janet Lewis
MINUTES: Approved as written
REPORT: Mike McCarty
Profit & Loss Budget vs. Actual December 1, 1005 thru November 8, 2006
and the Balance Sheet YTD were distributed for review.
was held concerning the proposed budget for 2007.
plans by the club to provide food service during the remodel will
necessitate the use of what will eventually be the Homeowners Office.
In order for the homeowners to carry out business operations until
the office space becomes available, the MVMA office will be temporarily set
up in the new golf training area along with the MVCC office staff.
The Homeowners Office should be available in May. Storage space will be made available for the new
furniture that has been ordered for the Homeowners Office.
MVCC community photo on the MVMA Website was changed recently.
Several more photos of the community will be taken so that the web
page picture of MVCC homes can be changed periodically.
There currently are 224 different residences on the distribution
list. This is slightly more
than Ĺ of the residences in MVCC. The
December Newsletter will be used to recruit more residents to the
distribution list and also to update/correct e-mail addresses that are no
Terry Lavery & Janet Lewis
one letter of request this month.
letters were sent concerning trailers improperly parked.
overgrown shrubs on a lot which is crossed by high power lines need to be
trimmed. We will contact Puget Sound Power to see if they will
handle the cost of trimming.
is a commercial vehicle parked in the condo lots.
Jack will speak to Pat Perry concerning whether the condo association
will handle this issue.
letter concerning inappropriate storage of a motorcycle frame, BBQ, and
garbage cans was sent to a resident.
problems to report at this time.
basin in front of Lot 127 has been repaired.
The steel grating was caved in.
north entry gate broke down Saturday afternoon.
The following Monday Guardian Security replaced a drive shaft and a
entry gate (resident) would not close properly.
Jim Marter fixed the problem the same day.
perimeter fence along the North West area, where thirty new homes are being
built, has been checked. Barbwire
is off in two small areas. Wire
was put back in place.
major problems have shown up during and after the rainstorm of the last
week. The storm drains were
plugged by fallen leaves and were cleaned Saturday evening, Sunday, and
Monday. The street sweeper will
not be used until later.
streetlight reported out. Puget
Power was called on November 7, 2006.
Landscaping has finished winterizing the sprinkler system.
of the plants are not doing well. Malone
will send someone out to inspect the area.
has submitted a bid for the common grounds. We should try to get one more bid. MYardís contract is for less than the Maloneís bid.
We should also remember that MYard has a good working relationship
with the Country Club.
vacant has been cleaned up. The
owner has been invoiced for the work. We
should consider charging an administration fee.
new set of line items for Common Grounds will be set up in the new budget
was held concerning the need to replace the current access control system. M/S/P to make funds available in the 2007 Budget to
replace the current system with Ready Key Pro Access Control System and
System Software (eliminating the use of
remotes) for a total expenditure of $36,938.00.
Also M/S/P authorizing the purchase of a Video Recorder System with
the expenditure of $20,368.00. Final
approval of both will be made at the General Membership meeting when put
forth for a vote.
of this Board will visit Auburn Police Department to see the system working.
REPORT: Jack Ottini
Temple has submitted a proposal to the City of Kent for more parking.
Hulquist water line easement was discussed. An adjacent homeowner has given his permission for the
line to cross his property, this Board has not as yet made any agreement.
agenda for the General Meeting was discussed.
Annual Board retreat will be after the first week that the Club reopens.
Minutes prepared by Cheryl Havener